engine is an internal combustion engine which operates using
the Diesel cycle; it was based on the hot bulb engine design and
patented on February 23, 1893. Diesel engines use compression
ignition, a process by which fuel is injected after the air is
compressed in the combustion chamber causing the fuel to self ignite. By
contrast, a gasoline engine utilizes the Otto cycle, in
which fuel and air are mixed before ignition is initiated by a spark
Most diesel engines have large pistons, therefore drawing more air and fuel which results in a bigger and more powerful combustion. This is effective in large vehicles such as trucks, diesel locomotives and SUV's.
|Gas Diesel Hybrid War Gasoline Engines Gas Tractor Versus Diesel Tractor Gas Versus Diesel How Diesel Engines Work||
In passenger cars, the diesel engine has never really caught on.
During the middle to late 70s, diesel engines in passenger cars did notice a surge in sales due to the OPEC oil embargo, although that is the only real significant penetration that diesel engines have made in the market.
Although diesel engines are more efficient, there are eight historical problems that may have held them back.
1. Due to the higher compression ratios, diesel engines tend be heavier than the equivalent gasoline engine.
2. Diesel vehicles and diesel engines tend to be more expensive than gas.
3. Because of their weight and compression ratio, diesel engines tend to have lower RPM ranges than gas engines. This gives diesel engines more torque rather than higher horsepower, and this tends to make diesel vehicles slower in terms of acceleration.
4. Diesel engines have to be fuel injected, and in the past fuel injection was very expensive and less reliable.
5. Diesel engines tend to produce more smoke and smell very funny when compared to gasoline engines.
6. They are harder to start in cold weather and if they contain glow plugs, the diesel engines may require you to wait before you start the engine so that the glow plugs can heat up.
7. Diesel engines are much noisier than gas engines and tend to vibrate quite a bit.
8. Diesel fuel is less available than gas.
Although one or two of these disadvantages would be acceptable, a group of them is a big turn away for many people.
Even though the list above are reasons in the past as to why diesel never really took off, you can expect these reasons to get corrected and improved in the future, meaning that you will see more and more diesel vehicles on the road.
Diesel VS Gasoline Vehicles
In addition to the above,
here are some
e-Book packages that I recommend - they may help!
Self education or personal use.
Your Car To Burn Water + Gasoline = Double Your Mileage!
Soaring Gas Prices Compel People To Save Gas!!!
Popular D.i.y Watercar: Run Your Car Partially On Water, Reduce Emissions/Global Warming!
Practical Free Energy Based On 1000's of Real Cars Worldwide!!!
Booster - Save 50% On Gasoline!
Recommend this site to a Friend
Bookmark & keep coming back often!
INDEX - ARTICLES LISTING
Average 10 articles per category
Diesel vs Gasoline Vehicles Site Map!
- ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
- GLOBAL WARMING -
HAIR TRANSPLANT - LASIK - SECURITY CAMERAS
SOLAR POWER - TEEN WEIGHT LOSS
Also ... from Amazon.com
FOR EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO
DESIL and GASOLINE ENGINES - CLICK HERE
IF YOU CAN'T FIND
THE INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCT
THAT YOUR LOOKING FOR - CHECK OUT THE CLICKBANK CATALOGUE
Over 10,000 Products to Choose From!
to Business - Health
& Fitness - Home
Computing & Internet - Money & Employment - Marketing & Ads
Fun & Entertainment - Sports & Recreation - Society & Culture
Mail Order Products
If you're into Niche Resale
Rights Products then check out my
which has 120 + different ebook packages and still growing.
The Ultimate Recipe
Collection [Cook Books]
CURRENTLY  DIFFERENT RECIPE E-BOOKS
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE LIST
I'VE ALSO JUST FINISHED A
SITE TOTALLY DEVOTED TO ...
'MASTER RESALE RIGHTS PRODUCTS'
CURRENTLY 83 DIFFERENT PACKAGES
DROP ON BY & HAVE A LOOK
Dunway Enterprises || Dunway Sitemap
WebMaster & Site Design by Ken Dunn
Dunway's Network of Joint Venture Sites
CLICK HERE TO SEND MAIL
Disclaimer: Information shown
in any of the above [article]
does not in any way constitute medical, financial or legal advice.
If you require such advice, you should seek appropriate professional guidance.
- DUNWAY.BIZ - DUNWAY.INFO
Copyright [c] Dunway Enterprises
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Tom Azzara - Newsletter
Tax Havens of the World
Master Resale Rights - Resell & Distribution Rights!
Diesel vs Gasoline Vehicles